Recognizing God’s Appointments (No Audio)
MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Christ Will Build His Church
Recognizing God’s Appointments
- Paul’s Ministry Commission
- Commission Passed on to Titus & Elders
- Made Overseers by the Holy Spirit
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Titus 1:1-9. This is an unusually long introduction for one of Paul’s letters. What is the significance of what Paul shares with Titus in these opening verses, especially in light of Titus’ calling?
- What connection is there between Paul’s commission in verse 3 and the apostles’ commission in Matthew 16:18-19?
- What is Titus to do in Crete? Why is “order” so important? What does appointing elders have to do with “order”?
- Consider the duty of the elder in verse 9. How is this similar to Paul’s commission in verses 1-3?
- How is the church to recognize God’s appointments to church leadership? Why is this appointment process so important for the health and future of the church?
Memory Verse of the Week:
2 Timothy 2:2 What you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. (ESV)