MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
- God’s Desire for Your Heart
- Sinning Like Adam: The Human Condition
- God’s Desire to Heal & Redeem
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Hosea 6:4-7:16. What does the metaphor of the “morning cloud” communicate about our love and devotion?
- Compare Hosea 6:5 with Hebrews 4:12-13. How are these verses similar? In what ways are they different? In what ways is the cutting of God’s Word disastrous for us? Good for us?
- How did Israel sin like Adam? How do we sin like Adam? 6:7-7:16 is a catalog of various ways we end up sinning like Adam.
- What do the metaphors of chapter 7 teach us about the nature of sin (an over-heated oven, a half-baked loaf, a delusion old man, etc.)?
- How do the two statements “I would heal Israel” and “I would redeem them” bring hope in the midst of this dark chapter? What hinders God’s healing and redemption? What “unleashes” his healing and redemption?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Hosea 6:6 For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. (ESV)