MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Hebrews: The Greatness of Christ
- God Spoke and Still Speaks
- Christ as Heir, Creator, Radiance, Exact Imprint, Upholder, & Purifier
- Superior to Angels…So What?
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Hebrews 1:1-4. What is the author referring to in verse 1? What is he referring to in verse 2? How are these two avenues of communication similar? Different?
- How can God speak to us by his Son, 2,000 years after the ascension? Consider what Jesus says to the disciples in John 14:25-26 & 16:12-15.
- What do we learn about Jesus from these verses? Why are all these characteristics and works of Christ so important?
- This passage clearly says God has spoken to us through his superior Son. How does this impact your perspective on Scripture? What are your habits for listening to God speak?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Hebrews 1:3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. (ESV)