MESSAGE - Pastor Dale Thiele
Hebrews: The Greatness of Christ
- The Context: Why is this command appropriate?
- The Task: What is it to “consider”?
- The Promise: We are his house
Questions for Further Study or Group Discussion:
- Read Hebrews 3:1-6. What is “therefore” in verse 1 connecting back to? How is this command, “consider Jesus,” an appropriate response to chapter 2?
- Only here in the New Testament is Jesus called “the apostle.” What is the significance of this designation?
- What is the author teaching by comparing Jesus with Moses?
- Think about the conditional statement at the end of verse 6. What do we learn here? How does this condition fit with Ephesians 2:8-9?
- How do we obey the command “consider Jesus”? Why should this be our primary task no matter what circumstances we find ourselves? How does this command help with the condition of verse 6?
Memory Verse of the Week:
Hebrews 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession. (ESV)